Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Power apps connectong to SQL data

Hi

I have a question regarding how Power apps talks to SQL

Can i control how either hover text/pop ups displays information from the SQL datase

So for example, if I have a field called Project Lead, the database may have further descriptions of the Project Lead field stored (i.e. Project lead is the assigned project lead for this projectt) - can I get this text to pulled into the power app by reading the underlying data in the field

Thank you for your help

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Power apps connectong to SQL data

Hi @jesenavaranjan,

Do you want to display the description info of a Field/Column of your SQL table within an app?

If you want to display the description info of a Field/column of your SQL table within an app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, within PowerApps, we could only display Row data of a SQL table within an app. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes, you can use other columns in the SQL table, if the data is in another table you can use the Lookup() function to get data by matching column values to get that relationship. Other methods as well to getting data from tables in SQL.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

But what if the data isn't stored in the data but rather in the field information?

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Not sure what you mean by that. Data is rows and columns. So not sure what you mean by field information.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

So the column title might have a 'description' attached to it?

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

SQL doesn't have this, SharePoint lists do.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jesenavaranjan,

Do you want to display the description info of a Field/Column of your SQL table within an app?

If you want to display the description info of a Field/column of your SQL table within an app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, within PowerApps, we could only display Row data of a SQL table within an app. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,016)