cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Power apps on iPhone switching user

Hello @PhilD honestly, don't know what is going on here and I'm wondering if you can open a ticket and add this community link. this is something that need to be reviewed. 

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Thanks @Yeiner 

Your support ticket number is: 120030924001630

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I grabbed a Session ID from an iPhone device after a user was switched. In this case, a user Pat was working in the app when she noticed her tasks in the app had changed unexpectedly. She discovered she was not logged in as one of her fellow employees named Tamika. Before logging out, or even restarting the app, she handed the iPhone to her manager who saved it for me and I was able to get this Session ID.

Session ID from active session of affected device

b15f0f58-1518-4bf5-ac2c-25e7b8c565a2

Highlighted

Hi @PhilD 

Did you get an explanation and resolution to this issue? 

I was hoping that MS had improved on adding mission critical “idiosyncrasies” but this is concerning to say the least...

Any updates would be appreciated:)

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Do you have other office365 apps installed on the iPhone that users may be logged in on?

What about multi factor authentication?

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

No solution yet however engineers from Microsoft continue to work on this.

There are typically no other O365 apps installed on these devices and we do use RSA/MFA. All of these things have been reviewed and considered by the support team working on this but a root cause has so far not been identified.

The thread linked below may be of interest to you. Back in 2018, this same app was “freezing” after the connection status changed on the iPhone device (i.e. from WiFi > Cellular). This issue was corrected by an update to the PowerApps platform as described in the thread. After this fix rolled out (Dec 2018) is also when we all got the "No Internet" and "Reconnected" messages at the bottom of the app screen and my app no longer froze up when connection was lost/restored.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Unknown-error-persists-indefinitely-after-dr...

As I mentioned previously, I am suspicious that the current issue may also be related to a connection being lost/restored because just like in the previous case, there have been reports of “freezing” and multiple unsuccessful attempts to refresh the app’s galleries just before the logged in user is switched to someone else. The people using the iPhone apps are patient transporters so they are moving around the hospital buildings (buildings with known issues with WiFi consistency) while tasks are dispatched to them by a dispatcher using a desktop app designed for this purpose.

It is more difficult than usual for me to test new app versions or make extensive changes to the existing apps as I  must be very cautious right now about introducing any additional disruptions during the pandemic.

In any event, my feeling is that the design of an app should never be able to trigger an unattended (and unintended) logout and login of another authenticated user to the platform or the security of the user's O365 data is called into question (i.e. including potentially their email, etc.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,871)