cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronJohn
Helper I
Helper I

Power apps sending email

Can power apps send an email on background even if the application is closed or sending an email will only works if the application is closed?
i tried to schedule the sending of email in power automate but the power automate can only hold 5000 of data

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sunil-Narnaware
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@AaronJohn Once the Power Automate Flow is triggered from Power Apps.. the handle passes from Power Apps to Power Automate...so now if you close the App it should not matter.. since both work independently unless u are passing result back from Flow to Power Apps.. Now if you want to achieve something to happen in the background.. well you have to rely on Flow only.. because Power Apps is runtime.. Flow can run in the background, once it is triggered..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sunil-Narnaware
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@AaronJohn Once the Power Automate Flow is triggered from Power Apps.. the handle passes from Power Apps to Power Automate...so now if you close the App it should not matter.. since both work independently unless u are passing result back from Flow to Power Apps.. Now if you want to achieve something to happen in the background.. well you have to rely on Flow only.. because Power Apps is runtime.. Flow can run in the background, once it is triggered..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,296)