Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RV_KONDRA
Helper I
Helper I

Power apps setting up combo box

Hi guys,

I am trying to create a Power app that is linked to the data source share point list and excel table.

My excel table has 50000 rows and my combo box is linked to this table but can bring only 2000 records.

I am using the below formulae for Item property for my combo box.

Distinct(FAD_Table,'FAD - Name')

Want to bring all 50000 records.

Need help

Regards

Raj

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @RV_KONDRA ,

Not in Excel . . . 2,000 is all you will get for anything - it is not a database and does not understand Delegation.

Please consider switching to SharePoint, however even then Distinct() is not Delegable.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RV_KONDRA ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? What's the structure of the Excel table, is it with single column?

Seeing you are using Distinct function so I guess there would be many replicated values if it is a single column table. If so, then the workaround is like @WarrenBelz said to use SharePoint list, but to avoid using Distinct which will always cause delegation issue you could create a new list with distinct values that are from the Excel table and use this list directly as the Items of the Combo box.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi support team, yes it is a single column and all are unique. As @WarrenBelz suggested I can use a share point list, but I think in the share point list the rows are limited to only 5000 rows that's the reason why  I'm using an excel table. 

Regards

RV_Kondra

Hi @RV_KONDRA ,

You have the limits a bit backwards - you will not get more than 2,000 items from Excel as it is not a Database and and Distinct() is also not delegable anyway.

The SharePoint 5,000 item "limit" only applies to SharePoint views attempting to display more than this (SharePoint will take up to 3 million records), with one small extra - you need to index any column that any query or filter is applied on. You can consider a "big collection" - I have a blog that may assist.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @RV_KONDRA ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,493)