Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Power apps style based on a share point list

Hi All,

Hoping you can help on this!

I have an app that is working really well for my company and my brother who is in a similar trade wanted to use the app, I said this would be OK and set about creating the same lists on his sharepoint site and then saving my powerapp and uploading it to his sharepoint.  This all works fine.  the app is good, all fresh data for him, but obviously all the formatting is the same, such as colour of buttons and colour of text and a company logo that is my company! - I set out initially and changed all these items one at a time and now the app is personalised to his company.  All is good, however now I've done a few updates to my app and fixed some bugs, i'd like to again save my package and then update his.  The only issue with this is that the formatting is going to change again when I unpack it onto theirs and it will all need manually changing again, (which took about 40 min!) I obvs dont want to have to do this everytime I change anything on the app so wanted to come up with a solution so that the button properties and font properties and logos etc of my app all reverted back to a sharepoint list, which I could then create on his site, but with different values in.

I have created a list called "CustomerCareAppDefaults"

I have retained the "Title" column and created several columns, but to name a few, "FontColour", "BcackgroundColour" and "Logo"

I have created one record as follows - Title = 1, FontColour = Red, BackgroundColour = Red, Logo - set up as a picture column and links to a logo.

In power apps I cant see to pull the values in for this, am I missing something? - I am slightly out of practice, this is what I've tried to insert in the colour property of a button

Filter(CustomerCareAppDefaults,Title="1",BackgroundColour.Text)

I have also tried many other thoughts, but cannot get this to work.

The logo also doesn't work, but I imagine this will be harder?

Any thoughts or alternative ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Power apps style based on a share point list

Sorry I meant to say that if I throw a label on there and I put in the following;

LookUp(CustomerCareAppDefaults,Title="1",BackgroundColour)

The Label shows "Red"

However using that same formula on the color property of button just returns a big red X

😞

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

I think I have found it!..

This seems to work...

ColorValue(LookUp(CustomerCareAppDefaults,Title="1",BackgroundColour))

Does anyone have any idea how I will do the logo???

thanks 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @d3ell ,

Do you want to display pic column as picture in PowerApps?

I suggest you use Image control.

Set Image's Image:

LookUp(CustomerCareAppDefaults,Title="1",Logo))

Then the logo will display in the Image control.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, thanks for your input.

with your formula (after removing the extra bracket at the end)  I dont get an error, but no picture shows? - Any ideas?

the image is saved in the sharepoint site document folder, I have copied the link and then pasted that into the image link in the list in the column for logo.

If I follow/click the link in the sharepoint list a page loads with the picture.

Any thoughts?

thanks 

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, I've realised the issue.

When you copy a sharepoint link for a picture it gives you a really long address, when this opens you can click "View Original" at the top of the screen and I clicked this and then copied the link in the browser and the picture now shows in PowerApps.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,450)