cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmdspower
Frequent Visitor

Power apps

Hi, 

I want to create a feedbackform without using form control as I do not have a data source. Right now I created a screen that displays a bunch of question with multiple answer option(radio button) with a submit button. Upon clicking submit button I am saving all the answers into collection and passsing it to Power automate flow which writes these answers in to a table. Now what I want is, in the same view I want to another tab(Past History) that displays the submitted feedback form entry(FeedbackID, Created Date, Edit Icon, Delete Icon). Edit icon should take me back to the first tab(Create Tab) where I answered all the questions and submitted feedback, but now in edit mode(should display previous data submitted).

Please suggest if this can be achieved without using Form control and data source. And if so how to handle navigation between tabs displying different screens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, use global variable.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WillPage
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can set an object variable with a property for each input/control value and display that elsewhere in the app. E.g. you submit button OnSelect could contain code like Set(myObjectVariable, {Property1: TextInput1.Text, Property2: TextInput2.Text}) and now elsewhere you can set the Text property of a label like myObjectVariable.Property1 or whatever.

Thank you WillPage. You mean I should create a global variable so I use that accross different screens? I will try that. Thank you for the quick response.

Yes, use global variable.

msmdspower
Frequent Visitor

@WillPage I used collection to store answer values as below on screen1: 

ClearCollect(ColAnswersFromFeedbackFrom,

Table({Question:"Q1", Answer:Radio_1.SelectedText.Value},

{Question:"Q2", Answer:Radio_2.SelectedText.Value},

{Question:"Q10", Answer:Radio_10.SelectedText.Value}

)

)

I have used collection like this to store the radio button answers for all the 10 question in my feedback screen1. This collection gets values when I click Sumit on screen1. Now I will navigate to next screen2 (Past History screen) which contains a gallery. Here, when I select datasource as my collection I see all the 10 answers submitted from screen1 in different rows. Instead I want to display only record may be with ID and data submitted that holds the collection( all the answers together) so I can tie my edit button on gridview to go back to screen1 I submitted and make updates. Please suggest how to implement this.

My screen2 looks like the one attached now: (From here I want to click on edit and go back to the submitted form to make updates and submit again)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,828)