cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Power apps

Hi, I have a question about the Filter within a Browse Gallery.

I want to filter the gallery by search items by a dropdown menu.

I.e. I want the search to return the iterms that are searched within said catogeries

Can anybody please help  out?

There's an attached picture too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Power apps

Hi Jes, What is the name of the column that will be showing in your dropdown control? What are the names of the columns that you wish to search for instances of the text that will be typed into the TextInput control?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @jesenavaranjan,

It sounds like you want to filter your datasource by the Dropdown control selection and then search the result by the text in the TextInput control in several fields.  

Search(Filter('Test list JN', Dropdown1.Selected.ID = YourFieldName.ID),TextInput1.Text,"SomeField","Anotherfield","YetAnotherField")

In the formula above, the ID is used just as an example.  You can match any value in the field with a value in the dropdown, even if it doesn't show in the window of the dropdown control.

However, you can also combine the formula in a single filter if you just wanted to filter the TextInput.Text in a single field.

Filter('Test list JN', Dropdown1.Selected.ID = YourFieldName.ID && TextInput1.Text in SomeField)
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

HI!

I'm actually looking to filter the actual search text by the column selected in the dropdown?

So for example of 'Column 1' was selected. I want to the filter the gallery by the search data in column 1. 

So I'm a little confused still by what you said above 

1) The formula goes in the 'OnSelect' in the gallery right?

2) What is the YourFieldName.ID? Is that the text type?

3) What do you mean, "Some Field", Other etc.

Please and thank you very much 😄

Jese

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

TO add to this, my drop down is COLUMN names not row entries

so COlumn 1, column2 etc

and then the search looks inside the column 1, 2 as specified 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Drrickryp thanks for your help with this thread so far. Could you review the updated information provided by @jesenavaranjan and some lend further assistance? 

@TopShelf-MSFT

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @jesenavaranjan,

I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to do.  It looks like you are trying to filter your datasource (Items property of the gallery) with the Dropdown control and then to Search the results of that filter with the text in your TextInput control.  This this correct?

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Yes - thats right

Can you help with a solution?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

II believe that I can help you but please specify the following: The name of your datasource The name of the Dropdown control you want to filter on The name of the TextInput control that will supply the text that you want to Search The name of the columns (fields) that you wish to search for the text in your TextInput control.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

The name of my data course 'Test List'

Dropdown control - 'Dropdown1)

TextInput Control (Text Input 1)

In the first instance - I want my dropdown1 to have its Item property as all columns within the database with a text field catogery)

Cheers

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi Jes, What is the name of the column that will be showing in your dropdown control? What are the names of the columns that you wish to search for instances of the text that will be typed into the TextInput control?

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,420)