cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power auto, close case and create new in one month with same data?

I cant do a reoccurrence due to needing the records endDate, so I am attempting to do this by onAdd or modify record based on a on/off switch. When switched on it will run this flow.

So first, I am taking the entitlement and seeing if it has an endDate and reoccurrence set to 0(off)

ChannelDevMike_0-1670526455207.png
Then addToTime a month after endDate:

ChannelDevMike_1-1670526657152.png

Then I can only think to make a delay of endDate.. then once the delay ended, update row to status closed
Then add new row with startDate as old endDate and endDate as addToTime value

Problem with the method is that delay will be running the flow for a month...So how do I get the same result without this delay step?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cha_cha
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ChannelDevMike 

In my case would do a daily check (may twice or thrice a day) and check if the end date matches the current date.

Just in case you my answer helped you solve your problem, please mark/accept this as a SOLUTION This helps community members if they experience a similar issue in the future.

bistek.space   @cha_bistek    @BisTekSpace 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cha_cha
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ChannelDevMike 

In my case would do a daily check (may twice or thrice a day) and check if the end date matches the current date.

Just in case you my answer helped you solve your problem, please mark/accept this as a SOLUTION This helps community members if they experience a similar issue in the future.

bistek.space   @cha_bistek    @BisTekSpace 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,001)