cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esox76
Helper III
Helper III

Power automate round up a float value

Hi i have a float value in power automate that i would like to round up. Could someone point me in the right direction 

e.g. 0.5 should be 1

1.5 should be 2

Thanks in advance Esoxs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Esox76,

Sorry I did not consider the case where the decimal place is 0.

Please try the following formula:

if(less(length(split(string(variables('TT')),'.')),int(2)),int(first(split(string(variables('TT')),'.'))),if(less(int(last(split(string(variables('TT')),'.'))),int(5)),int(first(split(string(variables('TT')),'.'))),add(int(first(split(string(variables('TT')),'.'))),1)))

Best Regards,
Zhi Chen

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@Esox76 

Use the Round function if you want 0.5 to be 1, 1.5 to be 2 - 0.3 to be 0, 1.3 to be 1, etc.

Round(NumberDecimalPlaces)

• Number - Required. The number to round.
  • DecimalPlaces - Required. Number of decimal places to round to. Use a positive value to indicate decimal places right of the decimal separator, a negative value to the left, and zero for a whole number.

Or

Use the RoundUp function if you want it to always round up no matter what so 0.3 to be 1, 1.3  to be 2, etc.

RoundUp(NumberDecimalPlaces)

• Number - Required. The number to round.
  • DecimalPlaces - Required. Number of decimal places to round to. Use a positive value to indicate decimal places right of the decimal separator, a negative value to the left, and zero for a whole number.

Example:

Round(7.9,0) would result in the number 8

Round(7.1,0) would result in the number 7

whereas

RoundUp(7.9,0) would result in the number 8

RoundUp(7.1,0) would result in the number 8 again

Check here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-round for more info

See if the above helps @Esox76 

Sorry @poweractivate  but this Round() function is not available in Power Automate

Thanks

Hi @Esox76,

Do you want to round up a float in power automate flow?

I assume your float have one decimal place and have a test on my side, please try following workaround.

vzhichen_0-1635487179991.png

Here is the expression:

if(less(int(last(split(string(variables('TT')),'.'))),int(5)),int(first(split(string(variables('TT')),'.'))),add(int(first(split(string(variables('TT')),'.'))),1))

vzhichen_1-1635487179995.png

vzhichen_2-1635487179997.png

Best Regards,

Zhi Chen

@v-chenzhi Thanks for this i have tested it but  there is a slight bug in that if my value is 5.0 it calculates it as 6 instead of 5. if it's 4.0 then it ok !

Regards Esox

Hi @Esox76,

Sorry I did not consider the case where the decimal place is 0.

Please try the following formula:

if(less(length(split(string(variables('TT')),'.')),int(2)),int(first(split(string(variables('TT')),'.'))),if(less(int(last(split(string(variables('TT')),'.'))),int(5)),int(first(split(string(variables('TT')),'.'))),add(int(first(split(string(variables('TT')),'.'))),1)))

Best Regards,
Zhi Chen

@v-chenzhi Solution works very well Thank You 

Esox

hemrhk
Super User
Super User

This blog post solves Round off problems

https://365stack.in/index.php/2022/01/01/how-to-round-up-down-decimal-in-power-automate/ 

Follow 365 Stack for more updates.

JRockO

I'm a little late to the game, but you can use the "formatNumber(...)" expression in PowerAutomate to accomplish this. 

I haven't done extensive testing to confirm proper rounding for large decimals, but 1.5 becomes 2 when using int(formatNumber(1.5, '0')).

Note: '0' is the string used for the number format.  You could also use '#' but I like to use '0' since it's a number and seems more straight forward when reading it.

Thank you Zhi, everything else I tried (and mentioned here) either doesn't work or always rounds down. I will test some more to be sure, but your solution appears to work well. Crazy that there isn't a more straightforward solution such as RoundUp() function that works, but a very impressive workaround.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,440)