cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WesleyReilly
Regular Visitor

PowerApp Combo boxes randomly stop working

I have a buggy issue recently. My Powerapp Form had been working up until the day it was to due to go Live! All of sudden Users/Owners can't use any of the Combo Boxes to select options. The source of the Combo boxes is a SP List. 

I restored to previous Version and it worked again but when I try to isolate the issue, any changes to the App the bug seems to resurface. 

I've confimred that the User of the Form has the correct SP permssions by going directly to the SP List with that User account and adding an entry.  The Combo Boxes have a maximum of ~12 items to choose from. I also use a few People Picker Combo boxes. Would it be anything related to the Preview Features or Data Row Limit (500)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

App Settings.JPG

Wesley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@WesleyReilly The fix for missing items in ComboBox drop-downs has been deployed to all production regions with Studio release 3.19101.  You will need to edit and re-publish your app(s) for the changes to take effect.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WesleyReilly
Regular Visitor

Also, It seems to conincide (I think) with a new PowerApps release! 

PowerApps Version.JPG

@WesleyReilly I'm not sure if you are experiencing the same issue, but we have recently committed a fix for a timing issue where ComboBox controls that are searchable can be unhooked from their data when the dependent data source is refresh (or removed and added again).  

I'll re-post a mitigation that is currently recommended from this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Sudden-appearance-of-red-x-s/m-p/371...

As we understand it, the issue may occur sometimes when the data source that a ComboBox control is bound to is either (a) refreshed, or (b) removed and then added again.  The current advised mitigation that has seen success with customers is to perform the following actions after refreshing or removing/adding a data source:

1. Save the app immediately and close it
  2. Re-open the app and continue making any non-data source refresh/remove/add changes (note: you will have to make at least one trivial change to mark the app as dirty so that it can be saved again in step #3)
  3. Save the app and re-publish

This should allow the ComboBox controls to be correctly reconfigured to the correct values.

Also, if your ComboBox control contains only a small number of values, it is advised to disable IsSearchable since (a) this incurs a slight overhead when enabled, and (b) the issue of empty values only occurs when IsSearchable=true.

FYI--this fix is expected to be deployed to all production regions the week of October 21.

@WesleyReilly The fix for missing items in ComboBox drop-downs has been deployed to all production regions with Studio release 3.19101.  You will need to edit and re-publish your app(s) for the changes to take effect.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (52,213)