cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdmac1
Regular Visitor

PowerApp Screen crashes powerApp when Screen is clicked in studio or navigated to in Player

Hello,

I am having a problem with a screen i created. This screen has worked well in Player and Studio up until now. I have no way to troubleshoot or delete this screen, can you remove this screen for me or offer a solution?

Description of crash:

• the screen no longer loads when I run the PowerApp as a user, it just shows screen loading circle until the browser tab crashes.
  • Rest of app works fine in player as long as that screen is not navigated to.
  • PowerApps studio has similar issues detailed below. I have tried tested this issues in Chrome and Edge.

In PowerApps Studio:

• I can edit all other screens and save/publish with no issues.
  • If i click on the screen highlighted below, it does not load and the browser tab stops responding.
  • Waiting for it to respond has not helped.
  • I can click the expand arrow but if I select any of the sub components, it crashes.
  • If i click the "triple dot" option of this screen. It also crashes

BUG2 TODAY: Sharepoint columns renamed by PowerApps to random strings

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
dynamicsedge Power Participant
Power Participant

Re: PowerApp Screen crashes powerApp when Screen is clicked in studio or navigated to in Player

@gdmac1 If you remove the data sources, then try to delete the screen, and then after you delete the screen, then re-add the data sources can you delete the screen or it still won't let you delete the screen?

If removing the data source at least stops it from crashing, are you able to remove the elements from that screen one by one and then remove the screen?

Or does removing the data source either not help or, perhaps even that isn't possible in your case to remove the data source?

If you have reason to believe you should not remove the data source, even temporarily, then don't do it. Also, please export a copy of your PowerApp first as backup (although it sounds like you might want to be careful - if it's already corrupt, it may not be possible to re-import it).

Also, if you save the PowerApp as a new one (with another name) and then try the above, does that work?

If you export then re-import as "Create as New" does this attempt help?

Finally, your question:

"can you remove this screen for me or offer a solution?"

Please start a Microsoft support ticket from your Power Platform Admin Center for this. In fact, you may want to do this right away if you are unsure that you should even try the above suggestions.

Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApp Screen crashes powerApp when Screen is clicked in studio or navigated to in Player

Hi @gdmac1 ,

Have you published your app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider restore your app to previous version, then check if the issue is fixed.

Restore app to previous version

If the issue still exists, please consider get the Session ID of your canvas app, then submit an assisted support ticket for further help through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,275)