cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PowerApp SharePoint Form: Two fields are deleteing data in the other field when data is entered

Hello!

I've created a PowerApp from a SharePoint list. It's a ticket tracker. I noticed my "Internal Comments" and "External Comments" fields delete each other.  For example, if I already have "Hello" in my "Internal Comments" field, and type "Goodbye" in the "External Comments" field, the next time I open the item, "Hello" no longer displays under "Internal Comments", yet  the new "Goodbye"  remains.

The same applies if I have data in the "External Comments" field. If I update the "Internal Comments" field, anything in the "External Comments" field is removed, and the data in the "Internal Comments" remains. Both fields are rich text editors. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApp SharePoint Form: Two fields are deleteing data in the other field when data is entered

Hi @brian_e ,

Do you delete them and re-add again, then they can work?

That may be due to some unknown factors that we haven't discovered yet, But it will be watched closely.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Sik

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApp SharePoint Form: Two fields are deleteing data in the other field when data is entered

Hi @brian_e ,

Can you share some properties of these two Rich Text Editors? e.g. Update, Default.

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue you mentioned.

Annotation 2019-10-30 104353.png

In my opinion, this is probably due to the default data not being set, the Default property of two rich text editors should be Parent.Default. Please check it.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sik

If this post helps, then please click on “Accept as Solution” to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi Sik,

I had to delete the card and make a new one with fresh settings and it worked. The value was Parent.Default. I think something was bugged.

Thank you for the reply!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @brian_e ,

Do you delete them and re-add again, then they can work?

That may be due to some unknown factors that we haven't discovered yet, But it will be watched closely.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Sik

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Yeah, but I'm not entirely sure I didn't mess up the original.  It's probably not a real bug, but user error. 🙂

Thanks for your support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,267)