cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApp Solution through SharePoint List (Access Requirement)

Hi,

I have created powerapp solution through sharepoint list. In that case, those members who have edit access to sharepoint site can be able to perform powerapp solution. I also have other members those have only read access, they are unable to use the solution.

When, I  changed edit access control through sharepoint site and remove manage list checkbox from the access control, members those have edit access even not able to use powerapp solution.

I am looking to access control, where members can submit request through powerapp solution., but they should not be allow to delete or edit after submission the record.

Regards,

Bhavuk

3 REPLIES 3
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @Bhavuk1987 

PowerApps Canvas app inherits Data Access Permission inherits Data Access Permission from the data source itself. If the end users could add a new record in your SP List directly  then they would be able to submit new record via a canvas app to your SP List. 

In default, if you assign a "Contributor" permission of your SP List to these end users, they would be able to add new items in your SP List directly. Please ask users to clear cache of their browser, then access your SP List again, add a new item, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider assign a "Edit" permission of your SP List to these end users, then try it again, check if the issue is fixed.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution 

My user has permission of SP list to add and manage list. But, I want to give them access only to create a record, not for deleting or editing the record in SP list. Presently, they have access to delete the recod as well from SP list.

I have checked the control access permission. But when i remove manage permission, user unable to create new record through powerapp solution.

Hi

1) In your SharePoint List form, change the user permission from 'Edit' to 'Contribute.

• Navigate to your SharePoint site, Click Settings cog > Site Permissions > Advanced permissions settings
  • Click 'Create group', give it a name and set it's access level to 'Contribute - Can view, add, update, and delete list items and documents.'
  • Add your users to this new group and remove them from the standard members group

2. Disable datasheet view

• Navigate to the list which stores your data, Click Settings cog > list settings > advanced settings 
  • Set 'Quick Property Editing' to No
  • Save

3. Configure your SharePoint list form to open in view mode for all standard users

• Navigate to the list which stores your data, Click new > Customise with PowerApps
  • In the tree view click 'App'
  • In the property dropdown select 'OnStart'
  • Set the formula to 'Set(varMe, User())'
  • In the tree view click 'SharePointIntegration'
  • In the property dropdown select 'OnNew'
  • Set the formula to 'If(varMe.Email = "myAdminEmail@Outlook.com", NewForm(SharePointForm1), ViewForm(SharePointForm1))'
  • In the property dropdown select 'OnEdit'
  • Set the formula to If(varMe.Email = "myAdminEmail@Outlook.com", EditForm(SharePointForm1), ViewForm(SharePointForm1))
  • Save & Publish

Let me know if it helps you

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,672)