cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
T_Kjos
New Member

PowerApp Solutions (unmanaged / Managed) and SharePoint Lookup / Person field issues

Hello!

We are trying to implement ALM (with solutions) for a canvas app that is connected to multiple SharePoint lists.
We have one dev-environment and one prod-environment, both in SharePoint and in Power Apps.

The SharePoint data source references are set up with environment variables.


When we are exporting the solution from dev to prod (managed or unmanaged) we are experiencing issues with fields that are lookup / Person fields.

I have tested the monitor feature in PowerApps and are able to see that we are experiencing 404 errors on the getLookupResults operation. The request url for the getLookupResults operation is referencing the correct site (prod) but the dev-list and dev-fieldID.
Example: datasets/[PRODSite]/tables/[DEV-LISTID]/entities/[DEV-FieldID]"

I have unpacked the msapp file from prod and checked the table definition and the Lookup Endpoint is hardcoded against the dev-environment: /tables/[DEV-LISTID]/entities/[DEV-FieldID]. 

Does anyone have any workarounds for this or any idea on how we can resolve it?

2 REPLIES 2
tapan_sam
Frequent Visitor

Hello T_Kjos,

Are you able to solve this?

I am also facing a similar issue. In my case, I have two different site collections within the same tenant. Two site collections were provisioned using the "Project Management" site template from Microsoft look book templates. That means two site collections having the same lists and fields. I have also verified that the field ids are also the same for the identified list.

 

I have customized the list form for "Issue tracker list" in dev site collection using PowerApps. I am trying to move the customized list form from dev to qa.

 

Before I import the PowerApps form I have updated the following information in exported app package(.zip):

- App Name

- App Id

- site relative URL

- List id

 

To replace these inside the app package I have used the PowerShell script and instruction from: https://github.com/ludovicperrichon/PowerApps-and-PowerAutomate-Solution-Replace 

 

When I try to import the App Package it fails with the following error:

Encountered internal server error. The tracking Id is {guid}

tapan_sam_0-1629890429540.png

Any clue is appreciated. 

spplante
New Member

Exactly the same issue here. This is quite a bugger as we can't really use ALM until this is fixed. Most of our SharePoint sites use person fields and not being able to use environment variables with any list that contains a person field is a major deal breaker for us.

 

I am opening an issue with Microsoft, will report back with their answer here!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,681)