cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

PowerApp Update Behavior

On Friday we released a powerapp that is intended to be a template app that partners will build on additional functionality and features. What is the recommended approach for dealing with updates in the future? Especially updates related to bug fixes or changes to support platform changes. Is there any support for merging changes or deploying partial updates that will not overwrite the entire app.

Am I wrong in understanding that currently if a partner developed on top of the powerapp and then imported and updated their app from an update that we released it would overwrite their changes and make it an exact copy of the updated app we released? (ie. Does the update behavior in the imported canvas app merge changes or just overwrite)

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

When you update and app it basically overwrites the current version. It saves the previous versions though so you can always go back to an old version if you need to. The versioning notes are pretty useful to remember what you did. I sometimes save an old version as a different name and then write over the live one with my new changes and will just keep it for a few days so that I can remember which I had before I did the updates. But that is totally not necessary...just a habit of mine that.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

When you update and app it basically overwrites the current version. It saves the previous versions though so you can always go back to an old version if you need to. The versioning notes are pretty useful to remember what you did. I sometimes save an old version as a different name and then write over the live one with my new changes and will just keep it for a few days so that I can remember which I had before I did the updates. But that is totally not necessary...just a habit of mine that.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,279)