cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmc
Frequent Visitor

PowerApp->-FLOW->File System Connection

See a couple of similar questions regarding this.

PowerApp calls a FLOW and that in turns creates a file via the File System connection.

Sharing the PowerApp, each user now is asked to sign into the File System connection and enter folder root path, domain\user and password.

This makes deploying the app to ~1,000 users very difficult.

Are their any workarounds on this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Yes--write it in a way so that the users are not calling the flow directly--if I push a button in an app that calls a run command and triggers the flow, the flow must be shared with me and connect as me. If i do something in an app that updates a database like cds, SQL, or SharePoint, and that data change triggers an automated flow, that flow for 1,000 users will run under the same connection. It is also safer because I don't have to make all users co owners of the flow.

So instead of having the app call the flow, have the app trigger the flow via a data condition. Use automated flow not instant flow

rmc
Frequent Visitor

Thanks jlindstrom,

Yes, did that for another app where I needed the FLOW to run as the 'utility' account, but did not think about the File System connector. Good call!

I really wanted this app to be real-time, but will have to settle for near-time. Any thoughts on the system FLOW trigger when new created is faster as List+Attachment or Library Document for the staging area?

I haven’t done much work with the file system connector so I am not sure how to make it faster

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,305)