cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aitor_EG

PowerApp requirements

Hi everyone!

We are thinkg aboout developing an app for our communication with one customer. Our idea is to connect the app to our navision, and show the tasks we hare developing for our customer. The customer will be able to see the pending taks, and also, to create new ones, that should be created in our navision.

But we have a few questions, mostly because we don't know how to use this tools. When we create te powerApp, how can be abble the customer to sue the app? It's mandatory for him to have an O365 or Microsoft account? Does he need to have installed PowerApps?

Thank you for your help, any hint will be really appreciated

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can only use PowerApps through an Office365 account.  You can either create an account in your domain for each of your customers or have one general account that you give to all customers.

The customer(s) will be able to use the app via a browser, so do not need to download the app.

View solution in original post

Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

To be more precise, an app can be shared to any different accounts in the same tenant (i.e. your company), but not to a different tenant.

That is why I was suggesting that you can create an account for your clients on your company's Office365.  This can be a free account and currently trial licenses of PowerApps are free, so any number of accounts will cost nothing.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Sienna
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Sorry but I don’t think this will work. The customer would have to be conected on your O365 account to be able to access the app. The powerapps isn’t build and I don’t think it ever will be build for company-customer purposes.
Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can only use PowerApps through an Office365 account.  You can either create an account in your domain for each of your customers or have one general account that you give to all customers.

The customer(s) will be able to use the app via a browser, so do not need to download the app.

aitor_EG

So, as I undertands from your messages, an app can't be shared to different account, am I right?

Thank you very much!

Sienna
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

That is correct...
aitor_EG

Thank you!

Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

To be more precise, an app can be shared to any different accounts in the same tenant (i.e. your company), but not to a different tenant.

That is why I was suggesting that you can create an account for your clients on your company's Office365.  This can be a free account and currently trial licenses of PowerApps are free, so any number of accounts will cost nothing.

Understood, really appreciated your help!!!

and when the trial subscription ends??? what happen??? costumers wont be able to acces the apps... so?

@Meneghino wrote:

and when the trial subscription ends??? what happen??? costumers wont be able to acces the apps... so?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,404)