cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAppPower1
Frequent Visitor

PowerApp to OneDrive - "We found a problem with some content. Do you want us to recover as much as we can?"

Hi there -

I have been building an app that has been working well. The app writes to two files excel files in OneDrive. The only issues I would have writing data to the sources with the app is if they are opened on someones local machine and if there are in cell comments / notes. I have been cautious of this and do not believe these are the issues currently. 

I have recently on-boarded new users to the app and have gotten this issue twice. I am not sure what the cause is at the moment. I have tried to restore the workbook but past versions of the book seem to be having issues too. Has anyone else had this issue?
Capture.PNG

I am worried the app will not be viable if this sort of instability occurs. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
a-ovbord
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @PowerAppPower1,

So I think this is an Excel issue and it seems to be well known.

Please check this thread and then try on your side.

Please let me know how it goes so we can then think of other options if this doesn't work for you.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
a-ovbord
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @PowerAppPower1,

So I think this is an Excel issue and it seems to be well known.

Please check this thread and then try on your side.

Please let me know how it goes so we can then think of other options if this doesn't work for you.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

View solution in original post

Hello @a-ovbord  -

Thanks for the support. Case closed.

So it sounds like this may be an Excel bug and the best way to avoid it is to not use Excel and try to employ a different backend. There is work around to minimize disruption but it is not 100% (I already have these setting aligned with the solution). For now, I will make sure to save off the data regularly to minimize risk to data-loss.

I will work on trying Azure SQL server longer term to avoid this silly, known issue that has existed since 2014.

Thank you!

Attached screenshot of 'workaround' to maximize for other viewers with similar issue:

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,041)