cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delvestio
Frequent Visitor

PowerApp to Word template, convert then to Pdf and then email recipient

Hello everyone,

I'm after a bit of help and guidance if you don't mind.

I have built a Canvas PowerApp that is designed to capture details of a telephone call and then send the results to a word template. I have formatted the word template using "designer" and everything works just fine.

I have designed this to capture the following:

• Case Reference
  • Case Manager
  • Date and Time of Call
  • To | From
  • Incoming | Outgoing
  • Conversation Notes

These are all set to plain text content control. The user would either type the responses into the App of dictate using iPhone. 

I have then created 2 x PowerAutomate Flows:

1) Populate the word template, create a file in SP document library, convert that document to pdf and then create a second file (pdf) in the same SP document library. 

2) When a new file is created in SP document library, get the meta data and file content and if the file name is .pdf, send an email to a recipient attaching the pdf file. 

I had to create the Flows separately as no matter how much I tried I could not get the string to work as one flow. 

The problem I now have is on the second Flow I cannot program it to send the email to the creator / user of the PowerApp. The Dynamic options are simply not there. I guess this is because its a separate Flow. All users will be internal O365.

Question: How can I get this to work because the only option I have at present is to manually enter the email address of one recipient into the "Send Email (V2)" action whilst editing the Flow. This is no good as the Flow needs to identify the App user and then send the email to them. Would also be great if the Flow could send both word and pdf files (not sure how to do that either).

Some screen shots attached

1 REPLY 1
Delvestio
Frequent Visitor

More screen shots ...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,628)