cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-HJ
Frequent Visitor

PowerApp to create SharePoint list item using flow

hope you can help me resolve this:

I have a power app that uses a mixture of text input fields, date selectors and drop down lists to create a SharePoint list item, when the users hits the submit button it runs a PowerAutomate Flow to create the SharePoint List item.

All the fields in the flow are set to Ask in PowerApps.

However PowerApps keeps say there is an error with the flow parameters in the formula bar.

Below is the formula, any help resolving this would be much appricated. 

'CreateSPListItem(Volunteer)'.Run(
'txtinpVunPerName(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpSJACCounty(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpSJACDivision(Vol)'.Text,
'dtpkrDOB(Vol)'.SelectedDate,
'txtinpAddressLine1(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpTown(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpPostCode(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpContact#(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpRefSJACID#(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpReferrerContact#(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpVunPerSJACID(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpVunPerSJACRole(Vol)'.Text,
'drpdwnGender(Vol)'.Selected.Value,
'drpdwnEthnicity(Vol)'.Selected.Value,
'txtinpNOKName(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpNOKRelation(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpNOKContact#(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpRefName(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpReferrerRole(Vol)'.Text,
'txtinpPCR/PRF#(Vol)'.Text,
'cmbbxCareNeeds(Vol)'.SelectedItems.Value,
'drpdwnYouth(Vol)'.Selected.Value,
'dtpkrDateConcern(Vol)'.SelectedDate,
'txtinpReportDetails(Vol)'.Text,
'drpdwnDTRAware(Vol)'.Selected.Value,
'drpdwnDTRConsent(Vol)'.Selected.Value,
'drpdwnNHQAware(Vol)'.Selected.Value,
'txtinpCommsLog(Vol)'.Text
)

Usually I would create the app by using a connector to the SP List and having an edit form, unfortunately the app user cannot have access to the SharePoint List which is why I have created it in this format.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@A-HJ ,

Yes - that is correct - have you tried each one on a label? There is to be one wrong somewhere.

You might look at this one first 'cmbbxCareNeeds(Vol)'.SelectedItems.Value - should it be .Selected.Value?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@A-HJ ,

The error will be either one of the references, the wrong number of references or references in the wrong place.

Firstly put each one on a label to see if it gives the result in the control. If they are all correct, then follow the "bolded" items in the top panel as you move through them to ensure each "lines up" with the "target".

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

A-HJ
Frequent Visitor

thanks, have gone through this but they all line up with the target

Could it be the date picker controls?

is the correct format   .SelectedDate

@A-HJ ,

Yes - that is correct - have you tried each one on a label? There is to be one wrong somewhere.

You might look at this one first 'cmbbxCareNeeds(Vol)'.SelectedItems.Value - should it be .Selected.Value?

Hi @A-HJ ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

A-HJ
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, have resolved this it looks like it was the SelectedItem that was a causing the error.

Although now I seem to geting this attached error, when the user hits submit in the app. This happens for each filed regardless of it there is data in the field or not. 

The error only appears for one field but then if you back to the screen the error is referring to an add the data or see if its still there its than the same error again but reference a different field.

The app uses multiple screens, could this be affecting it? 

Hi @A-HJ ,

That is a Flow error - you would have to look at the inputs you are giving on that parameter and compare it with what the flow destination expects.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,770)