Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApp user can't see data

Hi,

I have created an App. PowerApp is built on a excel which is shared in OneDrive.

1. I have shared the App and excel with three users.
  2. Two of them has no issues. They can see the data and can perform all the functions.
  3. However, this one user can open the App but can’t see any data. Instead user get this error. "The specified record not found. Server Response. Failed to read metadata...."
  4. I checked his access to the excel (datasource) file. He has excel shared with him in his OneDrive. But still he is getting this error. This is not just happening with him for this app but for other apps as well.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: PowerApp user can't see data

Thanks @shrijabajpai ,

I suggest you lodge a Support Ticket with Microsoft - there is nothing in PowerApps that can be changed to fix this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

HI @shrijabajpai ,

How did you share the Excel file - did you use Manage Access (three dot menu) > Advanced > Grant Permissions?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Yes I performed these steps and this is how I shared it with all the three users. This works for two of them and they can access data in app except one user.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @shrijabajpai ,

I just eliminated that one as it is a common Excel sharing issue.

This is not actually a Power Apps issue - it is a O365 authentication problem.

Can the user log see the Excel sheet in OneDrive by pasting the share URL into a browser address?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Yes user can see the Excel sheet in OneDrive by pasting the share URL into a browser address.

He can also open it and can do edits.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Thanks @shrijabajpai ,

I suggest you lodge a Support Ticket with Microsoft - there is nothing in PowerApps that can be changed to fix this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you @WarrenBelz . 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shrijabajpai ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, it seems that this particular user does not have sufficient permission to access your Excel table.

Please make sure you have shared your Excel table to this particular user based on the following article:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-data

According to the 4th point that you mentioned, I guess that the particular user is an external user in your tenant rather than an internal user, right?

If the particular user is an external user from your Tenant, and you add it as a Guest in your org, when you share your app including Excel table to this particular user, this particular user could not access your Excel table from your shared app. Please check the following known limit about Guest access limits:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app#what-connectors-support-guest...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

Excel is already shared with user and user is internal not guest. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shrijabajpai ,

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side. Please consider remove the share of your canvas app for this particular user, and then re-share it again, check if the issue is fixed.

Also please check if the particular user have proper license to access PowerApps feature.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,934)