PowerApp with Custom Connector to Business Central

Hi, 

i have created an Office 365 Account E3 Trial, which has follow Products: 

Dynamics 365 Business Central for IW

MS Power Automate Free

Power Apps per user Plan Trial 

Power Bi Pro Trial 

Power Automate per user plan Trial 

I Created an Extension with Page Type API und published it in the BC Sandbox, then, in PowerApps i created Custom Connector, the Connector seems to work,  if i try Test i can receive Data  from a custom table created in BC, and i can save data in the BC Table. 

Now i would like to test this with a canvas app. 

Steps i followed: 

Create App -> Canvas -> i insert gallery, then select a source , i try MyCustomConnector, add a connection, then it ask me for credentials, i used the same as in the Custom Connector, (Web Access Key from the user in BC) , i click connect and then it says me: 

Premium. Apps that use this connector will require end users to have a power apps per app plan or power apps per user plan, then i click Got it, and then gives me an error: "There was a problem adding your service. please try again later

(Asyncronous operation 'AsyncLazy:AppHostPowerAppsClient._apiManagersById[apiId]' was cancelled. )

What can i do for try testing a canvas app with the custom connector to Business central? 

Thanks a lot 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: PowerApp with Custom Connector to Business Central

Looks like I am alone with the problem 🙂

Maybe there is an overview somewhere of the requirements I need to create a PowerApp that connects directly to Business Central with a custom connector?

Is there a special license for development and testing? I understood that Power Apps Community Plan would be able to test and develop freely.

When I go to Plan(s) in the PowerApps Portal under Settings the following things are listed:

Power Apps for Dynamics 365
Power Apps Community
Power Apps for Office 365

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,350)