cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vivekba
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps - 5000 row limit with delegation?

Hi,

We have a PowerApps form which connects to SharePoint online and all the queries are delegable. I am only returning one record at a time to PowerApps as that's what is record and then PowerApps displays that in a nice form. Is there a hard limit like after 5000 records, i won't be able read 5001 record and beyond from SharePoint list even if i am using delegation? 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vivekba ,

I have seen several solutions to this, would you please try to search in this forum / community, and then you can select one solution to your question.

I cannot find any. I have not come across any problem but want to understand the limitation of PowerApps with SharePoint Online. My queries are using full delegation and I wanted to understand that even with full delegation, if there is any limitation on number of records PowerApp can search?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vivekba ,

For collections, the default limit is 500 records for each collection, but you can go to the advanced setting to change the limit to 2,000 records, beyond that, you can find solutions in this forum to collect more than 2,000 records.

ganeshsanap
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@vivekba As per my understanding, you should be able to read the items beyond 5000 with right delegable queries.

Referencehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview 

Check below (similar) references for more information:

1. Delegation - SharePoint into PowerApps 
  2. ClearCollect for more than 2000 records 

Also, if you are returning only one item at a time to Power Apps then why you are worrying about 5000 items limit?

Please click Accept as solution if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

I just want to understand that if we exceed 5000 records, i can still records that are beyond 5000, even though 1 record at a time with the id of the record. i had conflicting information on google that after 5000, i can no longer get the records in powerapps.

Eelman
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vivekba 

This is a great video by Dan Christian on Large Data sets in PowerApps.

He talks about using SQL, CDS and SharePoint with a 44k record data set in each. He shows that you can easily get records in data sets that large. You can skip ahead to the ~20min mark to where he talks about SP but the whole video is great. At the start he shows how he got these data sets into each platform.

One thing you do need to be careful of is Row Indexing when you get past 5,000 records. You need to set this up before your list reaches 5,000 records because you can't do it afterwards, at least that's my understanding.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,145)