cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SaWu
Level 8

PowerApps App 3.19081.19 on Android 8.1.0 randomly returning to Pick account screen?

Hello

Please be so kind as to read my full post before responding.
Thank you for your consideration.

My PowerApps App, version 3.19081, last test with session id: a860af7b-3895-4a50-a755-87e7a5443617, on my Android 8.1.0 device, a Nexus 6P just (1h before writing this) started (apparently) randomly returning to the "Pick account" screen.
As far as I can tell, this switch is totally random and can happen repeatedly from any Screen, be it the list of Apps, inside an PowerApps, while loading a PowerApps, when showing settings, shen showing session id, ...

I tried reinstalling the PowerApps App which didn't yield any result.

Thanks,
    Sa.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SaWu
Level 8

Re: PowerApps App 3.19081.19 on Android 8.1.0 randomly returning to Pick account screen?

Hello

Finally, I tried removing just the Microsoft Authenticator.
And I can work with PowerApps on Android again.

Now I have to remember and manually type in email addresses if I switch accounts (I have to do sometimes as a developer involved in several tenants) but it's working!
And the Android password storage can take care of passwords as well.
In any case my problem seems to be with the Microsoft Authenticator App rather than PowerApps App.

We will tell our PowerApps users (who usually also don't have to switch accounts) to forego and remove the Microsoft Authenticator.

Thanks,
    Sa.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Power Apps Staff Kavishi_MSFT
Power Apps Staff

Re: PowerApps App 3.19081.19 on Android 8.1.0 randomly returning to Pick account screen?

Hi Sa,

Thank you for contacting us. Apoligies for the incovenience. We will investigate this issue right away and reply back once we have an update. Meantime, can you please try reinstalling the authetnticator and try again? Thanks!

SaWu
Level 8

Hello

I tried uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling both PowerApps and Microsoft Authenticator.
I ended up with PowerApps 3.19.081.19, last updated August 12th, and Microsoft Authenticator 6.5.22, last updated August 8th.
image.pngimage.png

When I try to sign in into PowerApps, nothing happens except repeated circling to "Sign in with your work or school email account" without ever actually showing a prompt to actually enter any email.
image.png

When I open Microsoft Authenticator and try to add a work account (tried with admin account from two different tenants), I get prompted for a code or QR code.
Following this:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-microsoft-authenticator-with-office-365-1412611f-ad8d-4...
doesn't seem to work as I don't get to see the first screen, and don't see (or can't find) the "additional security verification".
In both cases I was logged in with a CRM admin.
image.png

Might this be related to new (?) settings for two-factor authentification?
It appears to be something odd though to suddenly show up for me for two unrelated tenants.

In any case it appears as if I am currently unable for whatever reason to use PowerApps on my phone.

Thank you,
    Sa Wu

SaWu
Level 8

Hello

Finally, I tried removing just the Microsoft Authenticator.
And I can work with PowerApps on Android again.

Now I have to remember and manually type in email addresses if I switch accounts (I have to do sometimes as a developer involved in several tenants) but it's working!
And the Android password storage can take care of passwords as well.
In any case my problem seems to be with the Microsoft Authenticator App rather than PowerApps App.

We will tell our PowerApps users (who usually also don't have to switch accounts) to forego and remove the Microsoft Authenticator.

Thanks,
    Sa.

View solution in original post

Power Apps Staff Kavishi_MSFT
Power Apps Staff

Hi @SaWu 

Thank you for your patience. We checked this issue and found that this is due to OEM limiting this fucntionality. This issue happens only on certain devices in certain scenarios. Please refer to the documentation below to find more details and mitigation steps to resolve this issue. Using those mitigation steps, you should be able to use the authenticator again. Please reach out if there are questions. Thank you

https://github.com/AzureAD/azure-activedirectory-library-for-android/wiki/ADALError:-BROKER_AUTHENTI...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,111)