cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kacie_Reeves83
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Attachments are now working - how to reload/recover attachments from existing list when they were not working

Last year, I created a Sharepoint list at work to hold and organize requests between departments.  It was important to my leadership that we use PowerApps for the form, as we could customize colors/text/etc. and make it more user friendly.  However, the attachment option was not working at that time.  The attachments could be added perfectly, but when the user would attempt to view them after the form was submitted, there was an error that "couldn't download the file".  Leadership made the decision to continue using the list, so we have about 100 occurrences now, of items with attachments that cannot be downloaded.

Now that this bug has been fixed, and attachments can be downloaded (woo hoo!), is there a way to recover or backtrack and reload the existing list items so it picks up the new ability to download attachments?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dinusc
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Kacie_Reeves83 ,

AFAIK, the issue was with an improper handling of URLs. I'm not aware about any automated ways of handling the older attachments. You should however be able to access them from SharePoint so re-attaching them from there should address the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
a-ovbord
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kacie_Reeves83,

Not sure what you mean with backtracking or reloading the existing items.

Are the attachments showing in the SP list?

Are they showing in the Power App?

If you can provide more details on what you are trying to do exactly I will try to help.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

dinusc
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Kacie_Reeves83 ,

AFAIK, the issue was with an improper handling of URLs. I'm not aware about any automated ways of handling the older attachments. You should however be able to access them from SharePoint so re-attaching them from there should address the issue.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,496)