Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnjanChidige
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps Build Tools - Import Solution issue

Hi Team,

I have a managed solution(zip), trying to import into an environment. I have registered an application on AAD and created an Application User with System Admin role. This is done inline with Microsoft documentation

But when I run the Build Pipeline, I get the below error.

Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportGenericEntitiesException: CanvasApp import: FAILURE: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Code: GraphUserDetailNotFound Message: The user 'b40affbd-e953-4646-8dd5-ff8341930078' was not found in Graph. Client Request Id: .

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks

Anjan

3 REPLIES 3
rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

Please note that this is currently a product limitation. Whenever the CanvasApp tried to be created in the PowerApps side it failed to map the application user. This happened because PowerApps is still not ready to intake an application user.

The fix is to use a regular licensed user for the import. The option to enable the application user for PowerApps is being discussed internally, but the conversation is still in early stages.

Hope this helps !

Hi @rohsh354 , what if we are using DevOps pipelines to deploy solution and can't use username&password since we are having MFA enabled? 
Even Ms Docs regarding usage of DevOps pipelines suggests using Application User and Service Connection to setup this...

Maybe it's just valid to say that it doesn't make sense to use DevOps pipelines to automate builds/releases due to number of limitations and it's unknown whether it will be fixed at any point? 

kmankash55
Frequent Visitor

I'm running to the same issue, where a solution with a canvas app fails to importing using devops pipelines. 
Is this limitation being tracked anywhere @rohsh354 ?

It essentially blocks us from using CI/CD with Power Platform.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,021)