cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LongRiders971
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps CDS Users and Office365Users question

Hello,

In my PowerApp, i have a gallery that displays info from a custom CDS entity, one of the fields being a User lookup (named Physician).  When I select the item, it brings up all of that item's fields so the user can edit the information.... this is where I have my problem.  Instead of using the User table for my Physician field combobox, I use the Office365Users table as my Users table does not have every single user yet. After I select the item in my gallery, I cannot figure out how to set the Office365Users combobox default to gal.selected.physician.'Full Name'.

I have tried various expressions such as filter(Office365Users.SearchUsersV2(),Email=Gal.Selected.Physician.'Preferred Email')) as well as a few others and I am at a loss.

Any assistance I can get will be greatly appreciated... I have been messing with this for hours and I am DONE..  Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LongRiders971 ,

You will need to apply the formula in "DefaultSelectedItems" property of the Combo box.

Below is the intro for Combo box:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-combo-box#key-properti...

DefaultSelectedItems – The initial selected item(s) before the user interacts with the control.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LongRiders971 ,

Have you tried below formula yet?

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUserV2().value,Email=Gal.Selected.Physician.'Preferred Email')

Office365Users.SearchUserV2().value this is the table of all users.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hello @v-jefferni ,

I have tried this formula and it will not auto-populate the field with my .Selected.  I even tried removing the gal.selected.Approver... and I  added Email="email@company.com" and it still wouldn't work and i get the red x saying there is an error.  Obviously, i replaced email@company.com with a real email address.

LongRiders971_0-1606242142253.png

LongRiders971_1-1606242209252.png

This is driving me crazy because I know it is going to be something stupid.

Hi @LongRiders971 ,

You will need to apply the formula in "DefaultSelectedItems" property of the Combo box.

Below is the intro for Combo box:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-combo-box#key-properti...

DefaultSelectedItems – The initial selected item(s) before the user interacts with the control.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,124)