cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAppsHori
Helper II
Helper II

PowerApps Canvas App Suddenly Adding Scrollbars

This just started happening like 15 min ago and I didn’t make any major changes to my app.

When I open the canvas app in any browser this occurs. Here’s how it normally opened:

- I click the link to open the app

- A new tab opens with the app

- At the top of the app, what I’m calling a navbar loads in.  It’s initially purple

- Then the navbar at the top turns white with the icons on the right side of the screen appearing (i.e. fit to screen, download, settings, etc)

Here’s where the issue occurs. When the white navbar at the top loads in, it adds a vertical and horizontal scroll bar to the browser window. The scroll bars disappear if I click on my username icon in the top right of the screen within the white navbar. They aren’t necessary, the app isn’t larger than the space, and it’s clearly a bug because they disappear when I click on my username icon. 

This happens in every browser I use. It’s just a regulars sized canvas app using the default 16:9 layout. 

Can someone help me out? I am so confused what’s going on.

Edit: I’m seeing it on all of my canvas apps, so it’s a system wide problem not specific to the app pictured above. Anyone have an idea of what may cause that?

19 REPLIES 19
KrishanS

We are also started facing this issue suddenly in all our published PowerApps since 20th Jul. It seems, it is a broken deployment from Microsoft side as it is appearing in already published apps also. Let's hope it will be fixed soon. Thanks

It’s good to know it’s a system wide issue and not related to our app setups. That said, has anyone reported the bug? I’ve never reported one before so not sure how. 

In my case my user doesn´t have permissions to register a ticket to technical support, it would be desirable that someone can do it

was it Fixed?

looks like it has been! At least on my end!

Hudson
Community Support
Community Support

Hello Everyone,

The issue has been fixed, the change was applied from Office header side, and the scrollbars should no longer appear in the canvas apps. I have verified it from my side as well, all the apps are now appearing without scrollbars.

Thanks,

Thank you for you message! 

Oh this is beautiful. Now I have true full screen apps with the added benefit of no messed up scroll bar. THANK YOU

I have the same Browser Scrollbar problem with an Canvas app after exporting it as solution from one environment and importing it in another. Using &hidenavbar=true in the URL helps, but seems like in general the bug which the OP describes is back

Cam-CC
Regular Visitor

I encountered something the same or similar (and this was a top search result)

Check the height / width for each of your screens under their advanced tab
If it is Max(App.Width, App.DesignWidth), you might get bars when shrinking the window down smaller than 1366
I swapped it to Max(App.Width, App.MinScreenWidth) from a newer app I made and this got rid of the scroll bars

&hidenavbar=true  <<< That is a godsend, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,980)