cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sravani_Balla
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Collection to CSV formatting: Keeping leading 0 in values in the column

Hi,

I am facing a problem while exporting a collection data to csv.

There is a column having 0 as a first index value,. i.e., 08700010. While exporting to csv the zero are getting vanished from the column.
I tried this formula 
string(<Dynamic Content>)

It is working but i don't want the column to have <> symbols as prefix and suffix.

Is there any alternative way?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Sravani_Balla ,

Please go back to my very first post - Excel is interpreting it as a number when it opens the file. You need to put the number in Quotes "" in Power Apps before you send it to Excel.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sravani_Balla ,

You did not say how you were exporting to CSV, but I suspect the issue is Excel interpreting the column as a number. If you open the CSV in Notepad, is the zero still there ?

Hi Warren,

I am sending collection as an to the flow and converting that to csv and provided it to the create csv table and creating file using the output.
In the SharePoint the column is a single line text as the column can have alphabet and number combination.

While I tried to open the csv file in the notepad I am able to see the 0 as prefix while I couldn't see the 0 as prefix in the csv. 

Can we do something the power automate itself ?

Thanks

Hi @Sravani_Balla ,

I am a little confused - when you say open the csv file in the notepad I am able to see the 0 as prefix  if I am reading correctly, the CSV has worked (which I suspected it would). What are you opening it in where you cannot see the leading zero ?

Hi Warren,

open the csv file in the notepad I am able to see the 0 as prefix- This mean we can right click on any csv file and got to open with and select notepad and check the data inside right. I am able to see the 0as prefix over there.

You can see the difference here.

NotepadNotepadCSVCSV

@Sravani_Balla ,

Please go back to my very first post - Excel is interpreting it as a number when it opens the file. You need to put the number in Quotes "" in Power Apps before you send it to Excel.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,650)