cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

PowerApps ComboBox Selection/SelectionTag/Hover-Color/Fill mixed up?

The Combo Box control has the attribute pairs SelectionColor/SelectionFill, SelectionTagColor/SelectionTagFill, and HoverColor/HoverFill.
The SelectionTagColor/SelectionTagFill is not shown in the properties sidebar and set, by default, to HoverColor/HoverFill.
My own intuition would dictate that SelectionColor/SelectionFill and SelectionTagColor/SelectionTagFill should display SelectedItems in a consistent way.
2018-08-03 17_31_20-Window.png

However, the Combo Box (without dropdown) displays SelectedItems with SelectionTagColor/SelectionTagFill which are by default set to be HoverColor/HoverFill.
This yields a discrepancy in coloring compared to the Combo Box dropdown which uses SelectionColor/SelectionFill for SelectedItems and HoverColor/HoverFill for items focused/hovered on with cursor/mouse/keyboards (this is also the reason there might be more than one hovered item, e.g. for mouse and keyboard)
2018-08-08 12_59_19-Window.png2018-08-08 12_59_48-Window.png
Manually changing SelectionTagColor/SelectionTagFill to SelectionColor/SelectionFill gives a, to me, more intuitive picture
2018-08-08 13_12_52-Window.png2018-08-08 13_19_11-Window.png

Question:

1. Is my intuition/understanding wrong in expecting SelectedItems using the same colors for the Combo Box dropdown and its regular tag display?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps ComboBox Selection/SelectionTag/Hover-Color/Fill mixed up?

Hi @SaWu,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

It seems the document for Combo Box is not clear enough on this topic:

I will make somes tests on this and share the results once I finished.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just ran into this same situation and came across this post. True that the defaults it sets don't match what the dropdown items do, but under advanced properties, SelectionTagFill and SelectionTagColor can both be set manually.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have spent many hours trying to use conditional formatting for a dropdown, but I did not see the SelectionTagColor, and it solved my problem. Thanks for the heads up on this! 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,169)