cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaWu
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

PowerApps ComboBox Selection/SelectionTag/Hover-Color/Fill mixed up?

The Combo Box control has the attribute pairs SelectionColor/SelectionFill, SelectionTagColor/SelectionTagFill, and HoverColor/HoverFill.
The SelectionTagColor/SelectionTagFill is not shown in the properties sidebar and set, by default, to HoverColor/HoverFill.
My own intuition would dictate that SelectionColor/SelectionFill and SelectionTagColor/SelectionTagFill should display SelectedItems in a consistent way.
2018-08-03 17_31_20-Window.png

However, the Combo Box (without dropdown) displays SelectedItems with SelectionTagColor/SelectionTagFill which are by default set to be HoverColor/HoverFill.
This yields a discrepancy in coloring compared to the Combo Box dropdown which uses SelectionColor/SelectionFill for SelectedItems and HoverColor/HoverFill for items focused/hovered on with cursor/mouse/keyboards (this is also the reason there might be more than one hovered item, e.g. for mouse and keyboard)
2018-08-08 12_59_19-Window.png2018-08-08 12_59_48-Window.png
Manually changing SelectionTagColor/SelectionTagFill to SelectionColor/SelectionFill gives a, to me, more intuitive picture
2018-08-08 13_12_52-Window.png2018-08-08 13_19_11-Window.png

Question:

1. Is my intuition/understanding wrong in expecting SelectedItems using the same colors for the Combo Box dropdown and its regular tag display?
3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SaWu,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

It seems the document for Combo Box is not clear enough on this topic:

I will make somes tests on this and share the results once I finished.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MCesarz
Frequent Visitor

I just ran into this same situation and came across this post. True that the defaults it sets don't match what the dropdown items do, but under advanced properties, SelectionTagFill and SelectionTagColor can both be set manually.

LennartWalldén
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have spent many hours trying to use conditional formatting for a dropdown, but I did not see the SelectionTagColor, and it solved my problem. Thanks for the heads up on this! 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,259)