cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

PowerApps Community Plan : How many users can create dev environment using PowerApps Community Plan?

Hello,

As PowerApps Community Plan is only available to individual user, Would you please share how many users can create an environment with PowerApps Community Plan in the tenant? 

Also, I was unable to delete dev environment created with PowerApps community plan as User as well as Global Admin - Can anyone please clarify how can I delete environment created with PowerApps community plan?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: PowerApps Community Plan : How many users can create dev environment using PowerApps Community Plan?

Each user in a tenant can create their own community plan environment.  But those environments are limited to only one user each. So only the original owner can create or consume Power Apps created in those environments.  A Global Admin will see the individual community environments in the Power Platform Admin center, but they have no ability to manage or delete them. In fact, I don't know of any way to delete them even if you are the original creator.  I assume it would require a support call.  Here';s a screenshot of the environments in my demo tenant.  E3 test user and I both have community plan developer environments.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: PowerApps Community Plan : How many users can create dev environment using PowerApps Community Plan?

I am noticing the same, while Microsoft Docs says, Tenant Admin can delete it here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/dev-community-plan in last question.

I am not sure whether anything wrong with my tenant admin account, OR tenant Admin can not delete it?

Another question is about limitation of such environments - Is it advisable for enterprises users where there can be more than 10+ environment created by 10+ users?

Thanks and Regards,

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

In terms of deletion, I think Global Admins may have had that power in the past.  But when I tested it this morning it was no longer there.  I suspect its just that the documentation hasn't caught up to the rollout of updates.

In terms of how many are too many.  No-one can use the Community plan environment other than the person who created it.  In fact, if you aren't a global admin you don't even see other user's community environments. It also doesn't count against the tenant capacity quota.  So other than the global admin seeing a lot of extra environments in the admin center I don't really think it matters how many community plan environments are created by user's in your tenant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

With further research, I could find out that, User who creates this plan becomes environment admin of that environment and he/she can delete this environment from "PowerApps Admin Center".Also, Global Admin can perform the same action from "PowerApps Admin Center" but not "Power Platform Admin Center" - This is the current case, however I think this capability will move to Power Platform Admin Center in future.

Thanks and Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,805)