cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vk22
Regular Visitor

PowerApps Customized Form for SharePoint List not saving when creating new entry

Hello!

I created a customized form on Power Apps for my SharePoint list for project management purposes. Everything shows up how I want it to when I click new on my SharePoint list form. When I fill everything out, it will not let me save. I've tried to change the on success status, but it still isn't working. It will allow me to add new items when I enter quick edit, but not create one by the new button. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vk22
Regular Visitor

Hello, I figured out what the issue was. I was missing a title in the data cards while making the form. Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

If I understand you, you are able to save an editform but not new form, Does the save show any errors. Can you display the form.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

vk22
Regular Visitor

I can show you a screen shot, but there is nothing that pops up. When I hit the save button, the new form with some information is not saved. Clicking the save button does nothing. 

These are the setting for my SharePoint Integration:

DataSource: [@'Project Management']

OnCancel: ResetForm( SharePointForm1)

OnEdit: EditForm(SharePointForm1)

OnNew: NewForm(SharePointForm1)

OnSave: SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

OnView: ViewForm(SharePointForm1)

When I click Save, there are black dots loading, but the form does not save and does not integrate into my SP List. When I click quick edit on the the SharePoint page, I can create new project types, edit them, and view them. Not sure why I can't do that when I click new.

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Edited:

Have you checked your sharepoint list permission whether you have right to insert new data

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

vk22
Regular Visitor

I created the list, so I would assume I have permissions. How would I check?

vk22
Regular Visitor

Hello, I figured out what the issue was. I was missing a title in the data cards while making the form. Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Mark your reply to end the post

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,549)