Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lliu_western
Resolver II
Resolver II

PowerApps Data - Change SharePointSite base on Environment

Hello Community, 

I have three SharePoint sites for Development (DEV), UAT and Production.

Whenever I move the PowerApps from Dev environment to UAT or UAT to PROD, I always have to manually go into the "Data" within the Canvus App then remove all the data connections that are connected to the lists in the DEV SharePoint sites then re-connect the data to lists in the UAT SharePoint Site (in the case where it's moving from DEV to UAT). 

Can the Data connections be set as environment variables? 

Any tips is appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
rsaikrishna
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lliu_western 

I agree. This is very painful.

On 15th September, new changes were announced on the new solution import experience with connectors and environment variables. Please check the below link and at the end it also has documentation:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-new-solution-import-experience-with-connec...

I hope this will be helpful.

Also, check for CI/CD approach for solution development and deployment. I did not try but heard a lot about it.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,779)