Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

PowerApps EditForm Help?

Hi all,

New PowerApps user here. I current have my FormMode set to Edit, the default setting. The form is called "Daily Build Schedule". I use a button to submit the form into a Sharepoint. However, I am not sure how to edit existing records. Everytime I use submit, it adds a new record rather than editing an existing one. 

Could anyone tell me how to edit existing records using a control on a form?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps EditForm Help?

Hi @farhandsome

You have to specify a record to Item property of Form. such as. First('SP list Name') . you can also select a record from gallery ,and set the Items property of form to Gallery1.Selected. Then your form will be filled with the fields of that record.

Except SubmitForm,  you also should pay attention to these function: NewForm, EditForm, RestForm and ViewForm. For more reference, please check this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-form

Best regards,

Sik

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution" to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You have to set the ITEM property of the form to gallery.selected or whatever

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @farhandsome

You have to specify a record to Item property of Form. such as. First('SP list Name') . you can also select a record from gallery ,and set the Items property of form to Gallery1.Selected. Then your form will be filled with the fields of that record.

Except SubmitForm,  you also should pay attention to these function: NewForm, EditForm, RestForm and ViewForm. For more reference, please check this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-form

Best regards,

Sik

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution" to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,231)