cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobDin
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Editor Crashing After Adding 10GB of Images to SQL Server

Over the weekend I added almost 5,000 image files to my SQL Server database running behind my Canvas PowerApp. Now, when I open up the editor online, I see the dots at the top of the screen moving constantly until after a few minutes the PowerApp editor crashes. Is there a way I can stop this?

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @RobDin ,

I suggest you lodge a Support Ticket with Microsoft

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @RobDin ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

I did not. I spoke with a Microsoft support rep who said the PowerApp editor tries to cache the table results based on the connections. This means I am importing 500 image files every time I open the editor. I can lower the 500 image file threshold but it limits the results on other collections in my app. I now suspect I'm pushing the bounds of what a PowerApp can do. (30+ screens, over 10Gb of data, many tables, many views - not that big an ask really). 

It forces a developer to decide on creating a parallel development app and a live app; the issue is Microsoft charges you twice because they both use a Premium connector.  

Thanks @RobDin ,

I was interested in your feedback (as would others on the forum be).

I suspected you were "pushing the envelope", but had not seen anything of this magnitude before.

I am curious about the Premium Connector comment - you need this for SQL anyway - how are you planning to do this without one?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (19,707)