cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SukieP
Advocate III
Advocate III

PowerApps Editor loses its mind

It's happened to me more than once.  I'm editing an app for more than 4 hours.  I click Ctrl-S frequently - every time I make an important change.  I am weary and accidentally delete a control.  Hundreds of little red error circles appear.  There is no Un-Do.  There is no Control-Z.  I close my session without saving and reboot.  I restore a recent Save- it is no good - full of errors.  The only decent version I have is from 4 hours ago; I know I saved more recently.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SukieP ,

Yes - the Session Expired is another subject and why I save frequently - I just wish that is was based on no activity time rather than session time.

View solution in original post

Hi @SukieP ,

SharePoint Defaults should not be ignored in Power Apps - I use them regularly and they always come up if the relevant control when the form is set with NewForm(FormName)

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @SukieP ,

I cannot speak for Ctrl-S, but save frequently using File > Save and make version notes of where I am up to. These are always there if I have to roll back, Also I have found Ctrl-Z restores deleted controls (and anything else you have done in reverse order, so careful how many times you select it) - the only thing if it is a card in a form it ends up at the bottom of the list as the last control put in the form.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

SukieP
Advocate III
Advocate III

Thanks Warren.  For me, Ctrl-S and Ctrl-Z work, until it they stop working.  It seems there is a time limit on PowerApps maker sessions, or maybe my browser fills up its cache.  I'm going to have to set a timer and restart my browser every few hours to prevent losing my work.  

Hi @SukieP ,

Yes - the Session Expired is another subject and why I save frequently - I just wish that is was based on no activity time rather than session time.

SukieP
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi Warren,

It just happened to me again, and I figured out the cause.  This app is uses SharePoint list with many columns, and multiple forms.  I understand now that SharePoint defaults are ignored by PowerApps, so all of my number types were blank.  I was seeing the blank errors in Monitor once I enabled verbose, but it wouldn't show me what controls they were tied to, and I was on a different form/tab so the arrangement of the error circles looked random. 

Now I've set the default for the datacard values to

If(varFormMode = FormMode.New, Text(0,"[$-en-US]#,##0"), Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-US]#,##0"))

and the errors are gone.  I have SOOO much to learn!

Hi @SukieP ,

SharePoint Defaults should not be ignored in Power Apps - I use them regularly and they always come up if the relevant control when the form is set with NewForm(FormName)

SukieP
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @WarrenBelz,

Thank you so much for setting me straight.  I was using ResetForm.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,763)