cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sg3
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Embedded App shows different data initially while loading

I have created a PowerApps application and embedded in d365 application. It shows information regarding the entity that it is connected to PowerApps using that entities 'Unique Id'.

However when the user first loads the page for say 'Unique Id' = 2, it shows data from from 'Unique Id' = 1 initially while the app is loading and then later it changes to correct information for 'Unique Id' = 2. Similar thing happens when open the app for any other 'Unique Id'. This confuses the user quite a bit.

Is there any way I can avoid this from happening?

Can I give some default value to ModelDrivenFormIntegration so that nothing is displayed while the app is loading?

8 REPLIES 8
RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi sg3,

Thank you for your post to the community. Is the Power Apps app a canvas app embedded on the Dynamics page, or is this for a model-driven app? This information will give me a better idea around our next steps.

Thank you!

Rory

sg3
Frequent Visitor

It is a Canvas App embedded in Dynamics page.

RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi sg3,

Thank you for your reply. Could you share the code you are using for the gallery for the ModelDrivenFormIntegration function to display the data? I also wanted to check in to ask if you could clear the browser cache and let me know if the issue persists? When this problem happens, is any data being written or is it just displaying the data?

This information will help me better diagnose the cause of the issue.

Thank you!

Rory

sg3
Frequent Visitor

I am using a table.

This is the code I am using:

SortByColumns(Filter('Work Order', ActualFolderPath = "msdyn/" & [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.'Number' & "_" & Upper(Substitute([@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.msdyn_id, "-", "")) & "/"), "Created")

I have cleared the cache and checked, it is still there.

It is just displaying data.

sg3
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have found out what is happening.

My mistake. I made wrong observations.

Initially the 'Unique Id' is blank. Which is fine.

However I have noticed is that it is taking to receive data from dynamics page.

I have created a dynamic text box to show the Id value with code:

Textbox.Text = [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.'Number'

When I open the dynamics page for a certain number, it takes some time before the number shows up in the text box. Till then it shows different data.

Is there any way to speed up the process?

RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi sg3,

Thank you for your reply. In terms of performance, I wouldn’t expect to app to take long to update the data. I would like to share the following resources which describe how to optimize performance for an app. Can you check and see if any of the scenarios outlined here help with the slowness for your app?

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/performance-considerations-with-powerapps/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/performance-tips

Thank you,

Rory

sg3
Frequent Visitor

Hi 

RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi sg3,

Thank you for your reply. We’d be happy to help determine why the app is slow. We will need to collect some additional diagnostics to better understand the cause to do this though. Would you be able to create a support request? This will allow us to work with you directly to get this data. More information about how to create a support ticket is available here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Thank you,

Rory

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,513)