cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraSoniec
Advocate II
Advocate II

PowerApps Excel add-in cannot connect to to CDS

Hi, installed PowerApps Office add-in by central deployment through O365 in order to edit CDS data in Excel. Add-in is enabled for everyone, status OK. Received an e-mail that the add-in is ready to use with the links to Excel to test it. I see the add-in in My add-ins and refreshed it. Was able to sign-in but get an error message while trying to establish a connection to CDS: "The call to get the available environments for myUser (myUser@domain.ch) failed. Details: error". (translated from German)

In PowerApps, when I open the entity with "Edit data in Excel" I receive the following message "ADD-IN INFORMATION Office 365 has been configured to prevent individual acquisition and execution of Office Store Add-ins". While individual acquisition is blocked I don't understand why the add-in cannot be executed since it is admin deployed. 

Any ideas how to fix this? Thxs in advance

5 REPLIES 5
CazzaT1
Frequent Visitor

Hi

Did you ever resolve this issue as I am experiencing the same problem?

Kind regards

@CazzaT1 No, never got this up and running. The majority of my user frequently mess up static, dynamic worksheets (overlooking the hidden columns on the left). We open the data in Excel online for editing from CDS (Dataverse). My advanced users are using XML 2003 spreadsheet for data imports.

CazzaT1
Frequent Visitor

@SandraSoniec 

Thank you for your reply. I will continue to investigate how I can get this to work.

Pat98110
Regular Visitor

I ran into the same issue and found a solution.  However the Microsoft Store was blocked and that can prevent the ability to install the add-in.  You will need to install the add-in then connect to the dataverse.  It works like looking at the raw data in the table.  This allows you to then create a quick simple dashboard.  You can edit the data however there are several columns of data that are GUID's which can be difficult to navigate.  >> https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104380330 << Microsoft PowerApps Office Add-in

CazzaT1
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thank you for your reply. I have been advised that the issue I have is due to the fact that the Microsoft Store has to be accessible when using the Add-in, after it has been installed. Our Add-ins are managed at an organisational level and therefore users cannot access the store. I am waiting for our technical services team to create a policy to allow access. Still waiting.....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,415)