cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tbruns
Post Patron
Post Patron

PowerApps Fillable form

I am new to PowerApps and have no idea how to begin. I am wanting to create a fillable form to put on a Sharepoint page so that Supervisors can go there and input their new hire information which will then show in a Sharepoint list.  Once info is inputted I want an Approval Flow (which I think I can figure that part out).

I created the form in PowerApp but not sure how to connect it to the Sharepoint list or if that is even the right way to begin. I have attached an example of the form. I am having a hard time understanding the difference b/t canvas, model-driven etc and only find information on creating a form from a sharepoint list which is opposite of what I want to do. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

If the data is going to live in a SharePoint list then why wouldn't you want to customize the SharePoint list for by using a Power Apps customized form?

If you want to have a standalone canvas app that gets added to a page in SharePoint or you link to it and still use a SharePoint list as a backend you can do that. You will need to add the list as a data source to app and then decide if you are going to use the form control to create, edit and save the data to the SharePoint list or if you are going to create your own fields on screen and then use Patch() to save the data back to SharePoint.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I am very new to PowerApps and not sure which way I should to create the powerapp so I can collect the data and then have it show on a Sharepoint List.

I created a canvas app and inserted a form and connected it to the sharepoint list. However, I am not sure how I go about adding the additional fields (First Name, Last Name and UID) so that the user can add multiple names.

Hi @Tbruns ,

Here is a good tutorial from @DavesTechTips 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @Tbruns ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (40,157)