cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XT2
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Filter Problem

Dear users,

I am trying to build a power app and I feel like I crash on a wall. The Use case is : I want to filter my source ('Master source' in this case a SharePoint list) by Project title and replacement project.

I want to fulfill also 4 scenarios,

• If both drop-downs are empty
  • If dropdown1 is empty and dropdown2 has a value
  • If dropdown2 is empty and dropdown 1 has a value
  • If both dropdowns have value

And I want it also to filter some fields of my SharePoint list :

• Type= "Application"
  • TargetDecision= "Migration"
  • Madrid_DB2 = " Madrid and Evonik"
  • Madrid_DB"= "Evonik Only"

My code is with blue underlined and looks like this:

Filter(
'Master Source';

If(
And(IsBlank(Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value);IsBlank(Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value));And(Type="Application"; TargetDecision.Value="Migration"; Or(Madrid_DB2.Value="Madrid and Evonik";Madrid_DB2.Value="Evonik only"));

If(
And(Not(IsBlank(Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value));Not(IsBlank(Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value)));And(Type="Application"; TargetDecision.Value="Migration";ReplacementTechnology.Value=Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value;ReplacementProject_PPM.Value=Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value; Or(Madrid_DB2.Value="Madrid and Evonik";Madrid_DB2.Value="Evonik only"));

If(
And(Not(IsBlank(Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value)); (IsBlank(Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value)));And(Type="Application"; TargetDecision.Value="Migration";ReplacementProject_PPM.Value=Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value; Or(Madrid_DB2.Value="Madrid and Evonik";Madrid_DB2.Value="Evonik only"));
And(Type="Application"; TargetDecision.Value="Migration";ReplacementTechnology.Value=Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value; Or(Madrid_DB2.Value="Madrid and Evonik";Madrid_DB2.Value="Evonik only"))

))))

I have attached a Pic just to visualize the app. If anyone can help me I would be grateful !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: PowerApps Filter Problem

Hi @XT2

Could you share the detailed error information with the formula?

What are the date types of 'ReplacementProject_PPM' and 'ReplacementTechnology' columns? Could you please share the Items property of Dropdown1?

This delegation error is seemly caused by the IF function inside the Filter function. So I suggest move the IF function out of the filter function, first to check if the dropdown is blank, and then filter the SP list. Please try this code:

If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Value); Filter('Master Source'; Type="Application" && TargetDecision.Value="Migration" && Or(Madrid_DB2.Value="Madrid and Evonik";Madrid_DB2.Value="Evonik only")); Filter('Master Source'; Type="Application" && TargetDecision.Value="Migration" && Or(Madrid_DB2.Value="Madrid and Evonik";Madrid_DB2.Value="Evonik only") && ReplacementProject_PPM.Value=Dropdown1.Selected.Value))

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @XT2 ,

Please try this code:

Filter('Master Source'; Type="Application" && TargetDecision.Value="Migration" && Or(Madrid_DB2.Value="Madrid and Evonik";Madrid_DB2.Value="Evonik only") && If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value); true; ReplacementProject_PPM.Value=Dropdown1.Selected.Value) && If(IsBlank(Dropdown2.SelectedText.Value); true; ReplacementTechnology.Value=Dropdown2.Selected.Value))

If this doesn't work, please post back the error screenshots of code, and the date type of these fields.

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
XT2

Hello @v-siky-msft 

Thank you for replying to my post. The costumer decided to change a bit the User Story , so i need to filter the drop-downs in 2 screens. The error that i get is a blue line under the code before the IF Filter('Master Source'; Type="Application" && TargetDecision.Value="Migration" && Or(Madrid_DB2.Value="Madrid and Evonik";Madrid_DB2.Value="Evonik only") && If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value); true; ReplacementProject_PPM.Value=Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value))

Powerapp problem.PNG

as far i understand it tells me that my drop-downs are looking in a Table for Information, but it is a SharePoint list behind...

XT2

Powerapp problem.PNG

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @XT2

Could you share the detailed error information with the formula?

What are the date types of 'ReplacementProject_PPM' and 'ReplacementTechnology' columns? Could you please share the Items property of Dropdown1?

This delegation error is seemly caused by the IF function inside the Filter function. So I suggest move the IF function out of the filter function, first to check if the dropdown is blank, and then filter the SP list. Please try this code:

If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Value); Filter('Master Source'; Type="Application" && TargetDecision.Value="Migration" && Or(Madrid_DB2.Value="Madrid and Evonik";Madrid_DB2.Value="Evonik only")); Filter('Master Source'; Type="Application" && TargetDecision.Value="Migration" && Or(Madrid_DB2.Value="Madrid and Evonik";Madrid_DB2.Value="Evonik only") && ReplacementProject_PPM.Value=Dropdown1.Selected.Value))

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

XT2

This Formula is working perfectly!! thank you very much!! My data Columns in SP are simple line of text and i Just added a Gallery and a Dropdown that takes the data from those columns and filter them (with other 3 Columns) and gives me the results. Thank you very much 🙂

PowerApp Solution1.PNGPowerApp Solution2.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,240)