cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrasetof30
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Filter and Search drop down DataTable

Hello,

I am a begginer user, trying to build an PowerApp. I added a DataTable, a textInputSearch and a dropDown1 filter Company.

When dropDown1 Filter Company is Blank, i want to display all Items from my list (NameList).  I want to search based on Title, and if i select a value from dropDown, i want to display that exact item(s) or if i select a value from dropDown1, i want to display all items from that company value.

My Company column is Choice type, but i have another column for company but it is Single line of text.

Can someone help me to understand what should i do?

I have tried this in DataTable - Items:

If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Value), NameList, SortByColumns(Search(Filter(NameList,Company.Value = Dropdown1.Selected.Value), TextInput1.Text, "Title", , Ascending))

When i want to search, it doesnt display anything. Only when i select a company value, it will display result based on Search and DropDown.

How should i search and filter in those two cases? (choice and single line of text column)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gochix
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@andrasetof30 ,

Try:

If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Value), SortByColumns(Search(NameList, TextInput1.Text,"Title"),"Title",Ascending), SortByColumns(Search(Filter(TestingDB,Company = Dropdown1.Selected.Value), TextInput1.Text, "Company"),"Company", Ascending))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gochix
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @andrasetof30 ,

You had a mistake in your code.

If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Value), NameList, SortByColumns(Search(Filter(NameList,Company = Dropdown1.Selected.Value), TextInput1.Text, "Title"),"Title", Ascending))

Yes, but if i search something, it is not working. Only if i search and select a value from drop down it is going to work. But i want searching to work when dropDown is Blank().

Hi @andrasetof30 ,

Try with below.

If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Value), NameList, SortByColumns(Search(Filter(NameList,Company.Value = Dropdown1.Selected.Value), TextInput1.Text, "Title"),"Title", Ascending))

Please accept this as solution if it helped you, if it had helped you in some way, consider giving a thumbs up...

Cheers,

PMDY

Gochix
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@andrasetof30 ,

Try:

If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Value), SortByColumns(Search(NameList, TextInput1.Text,"Title"),"Title",Ascending), SortByColumns(Search(Filter(TestingDB,Company = Dropdown1.Selected.Value), TextInput1.Text, "Company"),"Company", Ascending))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,762)