cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Flow Error : "Connection not configured for this service", when its in included in the Managed Solution and deployed

Hello Experts,

I have a flow used in Canvas app, and its part of managed solution, it works well in my Development instance but when I deployed the managed solution to the target instance I am getting the "Connection not configured for this service" error in Canvas App.

I checked the flows, the status of flow is 'On' and connection details they look good, I tried recreating the connections still I get the same error.

The flow name is ParseData.Run() in Dev instance in my CanvasApp.
And at Target instance in Canvas App, when I remove the flow reference and add it again then I noticed it gets new name (_1 added to it) so it becomes ParseData_1.Run() and it works as expected , I think which is not a right approach to go and change it manually. 

Could anyone suggest what could be the problem and how it could be resolved?
Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Hemant 

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution.  It seems a reasonable thing to expect to work.

Being a managed solution you cannot update the connection. If you use a unmanaged solution you can update the connection, but then cannot use update to load new versions of your app.

Frequent Visitor

I have found my solution.

Import managed solution... on the App do edit which opens the managed solution in Treeview. If you look at your connection it will be 'Not Connected'.   I removed the Connection, then on the button executing the flow, I took a copy of my existing code, readded the flow from the menu, once the skeleton flow template was there I copied my code back in, saved the App... Published.. then my connection to the flow was back.

Regular Visitor

@Steve_Wilmer, this worked for me as well, thank you.

Disappointing the workaround is necessary though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (27,132)