cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemantkumar
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Flow Error : "Connection not configured for this service", when its in included in the Managed Solution and deployed

Hello Experts,

I have a flow used in Canvas app, and its part of managed solution, it works well in my Development instance but when I deployed the managed solution to the target instance I am getting the "Connection not configured for this service" error in Canvas App.

I checked the flows, the status of flow is 'On' and connection details they look good, I tried recreating the connections still I get the same error.

The flow name is ParseData.Run() in Dev instance in my CanvasApp.
And at Target instance in Canvas App, when I remove the flow reference and add it again then I noticed it gets new name (_1 added to it) so it becomes ParseData_1.Run() and it works as expected , I think which is not a right approach to go and change it manually. 

Could anyone suggest what could be the problem and how it could be resolved?
Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Hemant 

14 REPLIES 14

Thanks for pointing this out. Been scratching my head since this started to appear seemingly random for a few users out there. While waiting for a MS ticket I stumbled on this thread.

I am a bit "worried", perhaps not really but more thoughtful, about giving basic users general read on customization for the organization. What does this actual mean?

Just wanted to say I got the same response from MS Support myself today more or less

Based on the issue description which you have provide according to that I can understand that you want to run the flow through the apps , but some of the user not able to run it.

Could you please check that if you are blocked with any security roles. Please follow the below steps;

Users must be granted organization level read access on process (full green circle). This should be set on all security roles assigned to users that run flows.

You can either edit an existing Security Role or opt to create a new one just for this purpose.

PeterCummins

When adding flows to a solution it is important to note that App users will not have access to run the flow by default.  When you come to share the app you must explicitly choose the Flow-RP Role to allow the flow to be called under the user's context.

MatthiasG
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @hemantkumar ,

today i encountered the same problem. Were you able to solve the problem on your side. I would apreciate it if you could provide some insight on your workaround.

To resolve the issue with the _1 after your connector, means that the original copy of your connector was still attached to your solution when you readded it.  Make sure the connector has been removed from your solution before you add it again, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,859)