cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerApps Form Export to SharePoint List

Hi,

Apologies I'm new to PowerApps after spending time using PowerAutomate and LogicApps. 

I've been asked to come up with a solution to have a daily checklist of various items that are carried out and recorded. Including checkboxes, free hand drawing, additional comments and photo uploads which all looks possible and easy enough with powerapps.

I'm looking to collate all of the information on one screen but the one part I'm struggling with is when it comes to 'submit'/exporting, is it possible to create a trigger and export all of the completed details into a sharepoint list at the press of a button? Forms won't work because there's some free-hand text that I'd like to capture too and slider buttons too. Any quick help would be appreciated, hoping it should be an easy enough task. 

Rough screenshot of what I'm trying to achieve attached.

Thanks in advance, Louie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@louielt,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to patch all the corresponding values to the controls within your screenshot?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario, are there the same columns to store the values you want to patch?

@Anonymous wrote:
 Forms won't work because there's some free-hand text that I'd like to capture too and slider buttons too. Any quick help would be appreciated, hoping it should be an easy enough task. 

What is this "Free-hand text", I could only see a TextInput control for comments from the screenshot?

If you want to save pictures to the SharePoint list, PowerApps could not achieve this directly.

As an alternative solution, you can use Attachment control within an EditForm.

Form.Updates could successfully save attachments to the SP list. You should replace your AddPicture with the Attachment control.

Here is a standard formula you can check for reference:

Patch(
   'YourSPList',
    Defaults('YourSPList'),
    {
      Column1:CheckBox1.Value,
      Column2:ComboBox1.Selected,
      Column3:Slider1.Value,
      ColumnN:TextInput1.Text
    },
    EditForm1.Updates
)

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
faustocapellanj
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous 

You can use the Patch function to achieve this. Also, @Shanescows has a video explaining the function with some examples. Please check them out and let us know if you have any questions.
Patch Function Documentation

Shane's YouTube Patch Video

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@louielt,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to patch all the corresponding values to the controls within your screenshot?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario, are there the same columns to store the values you want to patch?

@Anonymous wrote:
 Forms won't work because there's some free-hand text that I'd like to capture too and slider buttons too. Any quick help would be appreciated, hoping it should be an easy enough task. 

What is this "Free-hand text", I could only see a TextInput control for comments from the screenshot?

If you want to save pictures to the SharePoint list, PowerApps could not achieve this directly.

As an alternative solution, you can use Attachment control within an EditForm.

Form.Updates could successfully save attachments to the SP list. You should replace your AddPicture with the Attachment control.

Here is a standard formula you can check for reference:

Patch(
   'YourSPList',
    Defaults('YourSPList'),
    {
      Column1:CheckBox1.Value,
      Column2:ComboBox1.Selected,
      Column3:Slider1.Value,
      ColumnN:TextInput1.Text
    },
    EditForm1.Updates
)

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,993)