Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

PowerApps Form Lookup Fields not Refreshing on Form Edit Until Source Lookup Is Updated



I'm having a small problem with a form I recently built which has several uneditable lookup fields which are dependent on a dropdown, i.e. the 'Default' field is: LookUp('Dosimetry Locations','Location Code'=LocCodeDropDown.Selected.Result,Area). (It's built this way to function as a cascading lookup/dropdown, so using the standard Sharepoint 'Lookup' column isn't an option.)


It works great normally. I make the selection in LocCodeDropDown, and all the fields populate, and save properly.


The issue is with editing - when I open a form entry to edit, the LocCodeDropDown maintains the previously selected value, but the LookUp fields are blank unless I re-select the dropdown choice. Not a big deal, but sometimes I need to edit many at once, and missing this step can mess things up.


(Note: They actually do update properly prior to saving, so it almost isn't an issue, except that there are conditional fields which don't seem to see these updates in time to update itself, so then they save themselves incorrectly, which winds up with minor incidents filing themselves as major ones.)


Anyway - Is there a way to have all the LookUp functions in the form refresh themselves upon having the form open for editing? Seems like this would be the best way to solve, but I don't know what function to use and in which element.


I have tried adding Refresh() fields including all linked data sources to the OnView and OnEdit fields for the SharePointIntegration property, as per some other threads, but that didn't help.


Thanks in advance.

New Member

did you ever find a solution? I have a similar issue where on an edit form two lookup fields occasionally will come up blank. This just happens once in a while.

Unfortunately not. I'm assuming there is some sort of refresh I can apply, but I don't know enough about the available tools to figure it out.

New Member

Thanks. I may try to store the lookup values in variables and then apply the variable to the field. I will also try a secondary form reset to see if that helps. I’ll let you know if I solve it.

Helpful resources

Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,026)