cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PwrOf3
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Form - Mobile List view conflicting with Landscape Desktop View

Hi all,

I've created a PA form from a SharePoint list I manage.

• The app is forcing the user through my process, and also avoiding changes to existing data through tailored visibility controls.
  • The app has a landscape layout.
  • I just realized that accessing the same SP list through mobile shows the user the basic standard form to the user instead of my app.
  • This allows the user to input any data and missing all checks in place. 😫

So my questions are:

• how can I control the behavior of this SP-List form depending on mobile or desktop?
  • Or, if not possible, can I completely forbid the use of the list or the form from mobile devices?

Thank you in advance 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Form - Mobile List view conflicting with Landscape Desktop View

Hi @PwrOf3 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you create a custom form app in your SP List using PowerApps?

Do you mean that when you access same SP List in your Mobile device, add/edit/view records would not launch your custom form app, instead, it use the standard List Form?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. When I access same SP List in your Mobile device, add/edit/view records in the List, it would launch my custom form app.

In addition, based on the needs that you mentioned, I suppose that you want to configure your form app as a Responsive Layout App (can respond to different devices or window sizes), is it true?

If you want to configure your app as a Responsive Layout app, please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

You could detect which device the app is running on based on the Screen Size value. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout#screen-sizes-a...

Custom form in SP List using PowerApps

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PwrOf3
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps Form - Mobile List view conflicting with Landscape Desktop View

Hi v-xida-msft,

thank you for your answer, see my answers to your questions and some more details:

1.   Yes, created a custom app starting from the list, so Custom PowerApps SharePoint Form.
  2.   Yes, the standard created automatically by SharePoint/PowerApps, standard list form.
  3.   Could it be because I chose Orientation Landscape, Size Large (1185x790), and when it tries it on the phone it's not adapting, hence it rolls back to the standard app automatically?
  4.   Responsive layout app is not available on the SharePoint Custom PowerApp Form I created, when I create a new app instead, it's there. Hence I cannot modify the previous one to adapt to different screen sizes.
  5.   I just found there's an open issue about this on github: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/powerapps-docs/issues/544

It would be acceptable if I could at least forbid the list to be used by mobile devices, but, if possible, I don't know how...

This impacts a lot on my app, as users basically override any check on the data that I added on my app...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,380)