cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annonnon-4680

PowerApps Form does not update changes to Sharepoint List's Default Value Input

Hi,

I'm not able to solve this issue and would greatly appreciate any assistance.

I have a PowerApps form connected to a SharePoint list to automate some of the fields, including a Reporting Month column where it's currently set to Parent. Default.

Previously, when I had inputted the Default Value via edit column in SharePoint, the same value (eg. December 2021) appeared on the forms as I thought it was optimized to do.

However, now that I need to change the date to eg. January 2022, despite editing the Default Value in SharePoint it does not get reflected in the PowerApps form, making entries extremely tedious.

Could someone please advise what I am missing for the changes to be reflected timely on the PowerApps form?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ ,

Make the Default of the Text Input "January 2022" - not sure why the SharePoint Default is not working though. If you want to get dynamic on this and show the current month, make the Text Input Default

Text(Today(),"mmmm yyyy")

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ ,

Make the Default of the Text Input "January 2022" - not sure why the SharePoint Default is not working though. If you want to get dynamic on this and show the current month, make the Text Input Default

Text(Today(),"mmmm yyyy")

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Thank you so much! It works so well!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (7,570)