cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrMeeseeks
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Form won't trigger on Submit in Sharepoint Library

Hello PowerApps folks,

Does anyone else have an issue with prompting PowerApps form in Sharepoint library on submit?
I have used Customized Forms option in Sharepoint Online, and it works ok when I am trying to edit the existing records. When I click on Details -> Edit all, the form gets prompted just fine.

However, I am trying to prompt the form to pop up every time user drops a file into the Sharepoint library. Does anyone know what could be the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MrMeeseeks

Customize form in SP list has a long history which made it a common function within SP list. But SP library supports customize form just in recent months.

I found an idea in Idea Forum talking about the new mode of customize form of SP library, if you like it you could vote for it:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Document-Sets-in-Power-Apps-custom-forms-on-Sha...

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MrMeeseeks ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Would you like SharePoint prompt the customize form panel while user dropping a file into the library?

If so, I'm not sure if it is available in SharePoint Online. I did not find a way in SPO to setup this feature, but looking into a blog it says when there are required columns in the list the dialog panel would prompt while you dragging and dropping files into the library. I made a test but found this would prompt the details panel only:

40.png

Maybe it is better for you to find the answer in SharePoint forum. Sorry for that.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

MrMeeseeks
Frequent Visitor

Hey @v-jefferni ,

Thanks for your response. This functionality works for Sharepoint lists if one follows these instructions https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form

E.g., if you create a list in SPO, and then follow the steps to Open the form via PowerApps, Customize, then Save and Publish, next time user drops or creates "+New" file in SPO list, it automatically prompts them to fill in the form first.
This same functionality is supposed to work for SPO libraries, but it does not.

Hi @MrMeeseeks

Customize form in SP list has a long history which made it a common function within SP list. But SP library supports customize form just in recent months.

I found an idea in Idea Forum talking about the new mode of customize form of SP library, if you like it you could vote for it:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Document-Sets-in-Power-Apps-custom-forms-on-Sha...

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

tl2hmk

I agree with you @MrMeeseeks !  The customized form seems to work perfectly in a SharePoint List, however I have several scenarios where a user is uploading a file to a Library - I want the customized form to get triggered immediately so the user can fill in the details fields - and based on all of the input from the user, I trigger a power automate workflow to carry out specific tasks and notifications.  I am terribly disappointed that this was available in old versions of SharePoint and is not currently supported in the new Online version.  Old versions took you right into the edit form mode after loading the file, which is a seamless transition.  The Online version is very inefficient for Libraries!

@v-jefferni Didn't we take a step backward on this?  It causes a lot of confusion to tell people that you have to upload the file - then go back and edit the fields - then make sure to check in the file.  And it's really not an intuitive process to edit the fields either.  (right-click to choose Details)  Shouldn't there be a button across the top to edit the form details, not just a button to open the file and make edits? (I realize there's an edit in grid, but there's a reason why a form is built and should be available to be used)  I tried to read the proposed Idea Forum you mentioned, but I'm not confident that this proposal is exactly the same scenario. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,624)