I have a strange issue that I've been driving myself crazy to figure out... I'm in the process of building an app for our Marketing department, where end users can submit certain requests from our marketing department. I have the app all built out and started doing some testing on my own before I gave it to the business to test. I came across a very strange validation error that is popping up on just two random fields but no others. Neither of these fields are required from the data source or in the app itself. The other strange thing is they are both text fields but the error message is describing "Value must be between 1 and 1048576" as if it was a number field. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be throwing this error? I am completely out of ideas to try on my end!
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
Normally those errors come from the data source. What is your data source and does the error happen everytime you submit the form without filling in the fields. If you put some text in those fields does it except it or does it give you the same error?
That's what I thought too, but reviewed everything from the source and could not find any required data that was missing. I'm using the CDS for a Dynamics365 entity. I did just attempt to put some data in those fields and it did seem to accept it, but it looks like there is something else causing an error that is preventing me from submitting the form. I guess there isn't a way of determining what exactly is preventing the submit, is there?
I figured out what was going on with one of the fields. It's now just down to two mutiline text boxes. There is nothing requried from the source or the app itself. Still just throws that "value must be between 1 and [x]". If I put text in them it will allow the SubmitForm to run; however, ideally there are times where I would want to be able to submit the form without all of the multiline text boxes to be populated. Anyone have any ideas as to why that error message is being thrown? Thanks!
Have you tried using the Validate() to help debug the issue?
A colleague of mine had the same issue. Did you managed to fix this?
We found out that a ResetForm before calling a NewForm fixed our issue. Like this:
ResetForm(CreateTaskForm); NewForm(CreateTaskForm); Navigate(CreateTask, Fade)
Interesting... I will have to give that a try! It does feel like a work around, but at this point I frankly don't care, I just want the thing to work! Thanks for the tip!
I have the same problem and had opened a ticket.
Meanwhile, Microsoft support comfirmed it being a known issue. Patch is expected to come on 7th Nov.
Consider to turn off preview feature switch "Improve data source experience and Common Data Service views". Afterwards, that issue does not appear anymore. (Well, having another problem with edit form now... but that's not the topic)
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
Check out how to claim yours today!
Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.
We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks